Yes, hi. I’m still here – though the tumbleweeds have been blowing around a bit, haven’t they? Sorry about that. I guess I’ve been busy. Also insanely tired all the time. I’ve had such great intentions of updating the blog – many a time over the last few months I’ve sat down to write an entry and then a child has needed me, or a TV show has distracted me, or I’ve straight up fallen asleep on my laptop. My laptop computer that is, not the actual top of my lap. Snigger.
It can get a bit weird when I haven’t posted for a while. Like when you meet up with a friend that you haven’t seen for ages…
If you’d been in regular contact you could just get straight into a conversation about the small stuff – like how something has been up with the freezer door and it keeps popping open if you close the fridge door above it too enthusiastically, or how nice it was to be a parent help for your son’s first daycare field trip, or how your eyes have been rubbish since you were pregnant and so you had an eye examination a few weeks back and now have to wear glasses when driving.
But having not seen each other for some time, you sort of have to cover off the big stuff in broad strokes before you can get back to shooting the breeze.
So let’s do some housekeeping. I’ll bring you up to speed with the more significant developments in our world so we can then carry on with the minutiae of everyday life from there, okay? And I’m going to use bullet points, because I have some fairly strong A-type leanings and as such I love a good list.
- The babies are now coming up nine months old (what?!)
- Victor turned three on Wednesday (also what?!)
- Stella recently underwent surgery to remove a cancerous tumour, but don’t panic! She’s just fine for now
- We’ve been chipping away at work on the house and are just a couple of planter boxes and a laundry do-up shy of a fully renovated bungalow
- Joel spent a lot of time away for work earlier this year and I realised that solo-parenting is the hardest thing ever
- I’m back into running and am working towards a half-marathon
- The kids are getting a new cousin in August via Joel’s sister
- I’ve been hosting a podcast recapping The Bachelor NZ with some pals from The Spinoff and it’s been a heap of fun
- My parents just sold the family house
- The Block NZ is happening on our street this year
- I’m pregnant
Haha. No I’m not. NO WAY DUDES. Just messing with you. Aaaand the bit about running is complete rubbish too. I put that in there to momentarily make my life seem balanced, which it totally is not – it’s just kids kids kids kids kids forever and ever, amen. The rest is all true though, including that stuff above about the freezer door, being parent help and having to wear specs.
See, here I am wearing specs whilst hanging out with my BFF
I know it looks like I’ve accosted Matilda at a media event and that I’ve made my tipsy co-podcaster snap a quick shot of us, but that’s not the case at all. Tilds and I are actually really… okay, no, that’s exactly what’s going on here. That said, she is genuinely a fan of the podcast and will be joining us in the Fantasy Suite this week, so you should probably listen if you’re any sort of Bach fan.
Okay, way past my bedtime now. If you follow me on Instagram or are a fan of the PBTM Facebook page then you will have had your fill of pics of the kids, but for those who haven’t seen them since they were tiny little dots, here are some relatively recent photos of my little team.